Indiana Tourism Facts
Tourism is big business in Indiana, but primarily resides in the hundreds of small businesses found across the state.
Here are key data points from the Indiana Office of Tourism Development's latest economic impact study:
- Indiana businesses welcomed over 79 million visitors in 2016
- Total Indiana tourism spending in 2014 was $12.2 billion
- Direct employment within Indiana travel, tourism and hospitality industry eclipses 186,400
- Indiana tourism supports over 242,000 jobs
- If tourism didn't exist in Indiana, each Hoosier household would have to pay an average of $635 in additional state and local taxes
For a copy of IOTD's economic impact one-sheet, click here.
2017 Economic Impact of Tourism in Indiana conducted by Rockport Analytics and Reach Market Planning, utilizing 2016 data.