Indiana Tourism Academy
New for 2022, ITA launched the Indiana Tourism Academy. The mission for the academy is to provide education, resources and networks needed to develop travel professionals for the state of Indiana.
- Need to educate more individuals in the tourism industry to deepen Indiana's tourism bench for the future
- Currently no education program for the tourism industry professionals to grow their knowledge on a statewide level
- Any individual in the Indiana tourism industry who is looking to grow in their knowledge of the industry from a statewide perspective
- Preferred two years in the tourism industry
- Participants attend six, in person sessions held from 9:30am-1pm over the course of a year that cover the following topics:
- Tourism 101 (held during Indiana Tourism Conference in March and will only be a one hour session)
- Tourism Executive Operations (Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at IUPUI)
- Tourism and Hospitality Assets (Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at Fair Oaks Farms)
- Community Development/Quality of Place/Economic Development (Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at IUPUI)
- Tourism Research (Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at IUPUI)
- Tourism Advocacy (January or February, 2023)
- Participants submit a final "project" that will showcase the information learned and apply it to a destination/community/region
- Participants have a book component to read/discuss with their class
- Participants leave with an overarching understanding of the tourism industry and be able to articulate that to others as well as advocate for the industry
Application and Program Details:
- Cost for the academy is $799/Member and $999/Non Member. This includes:
- All five sessions (outside of the conference session), lunch and parking
- $100 off Indiana Tourism Conference registration
- In addition to the application, a letter of recommendation from a current ITA member and a current resume is required
- Deadline to apply for 2023 will be December 31, 2022. Application will be available for 2023 in the fall of 2022.
Please contact Carrie Lambert if you have any questions.