Indiana Tourism Academy
New for 2022, ITA is launching the Indiana Tourism Academy. The mission for the academy is to provide education, resources and networks needed to develop travel professionals for the state of Indiana.
- Need to educate more individuals in the tourism industry to deepen Indiana's tourism bench for the future
- Currently no education program for the tourism industry professionals to grow their knowledge on a statewide level
- Any individual in the Indiana tourism industry who is looking to grow in their knowledge of the industry from a statewide perspective
- Preferred two years in the tourism industry
- Participants will attend in person, six sessions held from 9:30am-1pm over the course of a year that cover the following topics:
- Tourism 101 (held during Indiana Tourism Conference in March)
- Tourism Executive Operations (April)
- Tourism and Hospitality Assets (June or July)
- Community Development/Quality of Place/Economic Development (October)
- Tourism Research (December)
- Tourism Advocacy (January or February)
- Participants will be asked to submit a final "project" that will showcase the information learned and apply it to a destination/community/region
- Participants will have a book component to read/discuss with their class
- Participants will leave with an overarching understanding of the tourism industry and be able to articulate that to others as well as advocate for the industry
Application and Program Details:
- Cost for the academy is $799/Member and $999/Non Member. This includes:
- All five sessions (outside of the conference session), lunch and parking
- $100 off Indiana Tourism Conference registration
- Discount for all ITA in person meetings and caucus events offered throughout the year
- In addition to the application, a letter of recommendation from a current ITA member and a current resume is required
- Deadline to apply is December 31, 2021. Application will be available by November 1.
Please contact Carrie Lambert if you have any questions.